Summer Schedule August and September 2016
To RSVP for an event or for any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops and Events on Ecological Restoration, Intercultural Studies, Technology & Arts:
By Candelaria Cesar & special guests
Every Tuesday of September, 6pm – 8pm
Cost: £20 per class
BOOK IT NOW
Eight encounters working on the basic concepts of Astrology as an instrument to understand the world and expand our understanding of the universe.
● The elements: fire, earth, water, air.
● Energetic Qualities of the elements: Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable
● The Houses, The Signs, The Planets.
● Complementarities, polarities, tensions and harmonies.
● Central aspects of the Astrological Chart : Sun, Rising Sign and Moon.
By Candelaria da Floresta
Every Wednesday of September, 6pm-9pm.
Cost: £20 per session.
Traditional dances are a manifestation of a tribe’s spirit, of our relationship with others and with the natural beings around. They are always changing while keeping the unique identity of the group, magically united to other societies by archetypal patterns. Intercultural dances help us to gain a more vivid perception of other worldviews, to connect and energize our body, to experience new rhythms, and to communicate with others while having fun!
● Physical training for popular dances
● Traditional dances from South American Folklore: Tango, Chacarera, Zamba
● Afrobrazilean Dances of the Orixás
● AfroContemporary fusions
● Stretching and relaxation
with Pablo Friedlander and guests
Thursdays 6 – 8 pm.
Dates: 6, 13, 27 October.
Price: £25 per encounter.
BOOK IT NOW
● WISDOM TODAY: Back to the Sources, Up to the Spheres.
● SHAMANIC WORK: Ancestral Path of Experiential Truth.
● ECSTATIC WISDOM: Archetypal Drama of the Initiate.
● COSMOVISIONS: From the Cosmic Hologram to the Ritual Ideogram.
● BIOSPHERIC MEMORY: Original Meanings of Nature.
● THE MYSTERIES OF THE SOUL: Nexus between Humans-Nature-Divinity
● CYCLIC PURIFICATIONS: Cathartic Keys to Health.
● TEACHER PLANTS: Magic Resources.
● METAMORPHOSIS: The Transformative Power.
● SHAMANIC ART: Enchanting Creation.
● SACRED WORDS: Mythic Channels of Revelation.
● REMEMBERING ESSENCE: The ever-returning Wisdom.
Ethnobotanicals Research Talks
The series of talks will be related with the ongoing Beckley Foundation Ethnobotanicals
Research Programme and its current perspectives, questions, answers and a growing network of scientific studies on key healing/teaching plants which have had continuous traditional use and have been recognized as sacred and medicinal for millennia.
These scientific investigations include research into: a) the Amazonian brew made of
Banisteriopsis caapi with Psychotria viridis; b) the groundbreaking
medicinal properties of Cannabis, c) the therapeutic applications of psilocybin mushrooms; d) other ethnobotanical medicines from diverse cultures, such as the Trichocereus varieties of San Pedro cactus from the Andes and the peyote from North America.
● Ethnobotanical fieldwork
● Biochemical studies
● Determining molecular sites of action
● Neuropsychopharmacological and physiological effects
● Assessing potential therapeutic and cognitive benefits
● Qualitative data surveys
● Communication of known and unpublished results.
Presentations and conversations on cutting-edge projects restoring ecosystems in ecological/intercultural frontiers.
Every Monday of October, from 6pm to 8pm
Cost: donations for the Treeangle Foundation
3rd Oct: The Commonland Project: 4 returns, 3 zones, 20 years. With Astrid Vargas (info: www.commonland.com)
10th Oct: The Milking the Clouds Project and Treeangle Foundation’s aim. With Pablo Friedlander (info: www.treeangle.org)
● The Academia Biospherica Alliance & Educational Programs
● Synergetic creation of Reserves & Las Casas de la Selva Project in Puerto Rico
● Life support systems & The Biosphere 2 Experiment in Arizona
● The Foundation of Biospheric Activities in Argentina
● The Matutu Reserve in Brazil
● The Institute of Holistic Research of Montserrat in Catalonia
● The Institute of Ecotechnics and its synergetic projects in ecological frontiers
. The Research Vessel Heraclitus interconnecting bionic projects
Commonland believes that landscape restoration offers large untapped opportunities for sustainable economic development. To demonstrate this potential, the company develops landscape restoration projects that are based on business cases.
Multidisciplinary teams actively involve investors, companies and entrepreneurs in long-term restoration partnerships with farmers and land-users. Long-term commitment is important as it takes approximately 20 years – or one generation – to restore a landscape. Their holistic restoration approach combines and connects natural and economic landscape zones and delivers 4 returns
Commonland’s goal is to realize large-scale landscape restoration with local farmers, land-users and experts, based on sustainable business cases. Our mission is to contribute to a large-scale landscape restoration industry, aligned with international policies and guidelines.
Astrid: Participatory planning, biodiversity, endangered species, ecosystem restoration.
Astrid Vargas is a senior-level conservation biologist with a proven track record in setting up, developing, leading and monitoring environmental conservation programs; conducting scientific research; developing and running educational and training programs; fundraising; plus developing and reviewing conservation policy.
Astrid’s career has spanned many countries and species, with demonstrated skills to manage across disciplines and within highly charged political atmospheres across different cultures. She has served as a central figure in the recovery of two of the world´s most endangered mammals: the Iberian lynx in Spain and the black-footed ferret in North America.
Astrid´s work has earned her international recognition, including awards such as the Environmental Career Achievement Award granted by the Andalusian government. She was selected by El País as one of the top 100 people of the year across Spain and Latin America.
SATURDAY DETOX DAY
2nd and 4th Sat of each month, 10am – 6pm.
Cost: £100 (plus optional dinner £20)
BOOK IT NOW
1. Masterclass on detox raw living food
2. Liquid nutrition know-how
3. Yoga & Mindfulness Practice
4. Sauna/Steam session (3 minutes walk)
5. Talk on Detox Processes and Techniques
6. Restorative Meditation
7. Optional: Dinner.
Find more activities in our weekly e-newsletter.
Academia Biospherica Program events/workshops/seminars/exhibitions and expeditions on Ecological Restoration, Intercultural Studies and the Arts – focusing on their overlapping fields from the new paradigms of nature, cultures and green technologies.
*All the activities are for the charitable purpose of the TREEANGLE FOUNDATION